Friday, October 5, 2012

just popping in!

I am slammed at work and at home, trying to get everything in order for my surgery coming up!

Here's a quick recap of this week's recipes and our thoughts.

Monday:  Cooking Light Chicken and Veggie Soup
This recipe is definitely a keeper!!  I loved the orzo and the fire-roasted tomatoes.  Would also be good with cooked chopped chicken sausage and maybe some corn.  Ready in 25 minutes or less, and easy enough for a non-cook to handle.



Tuesday:  Cooking Light Beef and Broccoli Bowl with brown rice mix
We also loved this!  The sauce is super savory, and the meat was delicious.  Our only complaint was that the serving size (one cup, plus rice) seemed small, especially for a man.  I think I would double up on this recipe, add more broccoli, and make the serving size 1.5 cup for me and 2 cups for Uz.  Overall, loved it.



Wednesday:  Planned to make Cooking Light Peanut-Sauced Chicken Pitas and Cooking Light Fried Rice with Sweet Soy Sauce
But...  I was exhausted from running a bake sale at work all day, so we got Chick Fil A instead!


Thursday:  Cooking Light Peanut-Sauced Chicken Pitas and Cooking Light Fried Rice with Sweet Soy Sauce
First off, the rice.  It wasn't too complicated and tasted REAL... not like other "healthy" fried rice recipes.  We loved this rice.  I think next time, instead of a side, I'll sneak in some shrimp or chopped chicken and some more veggies and make it a meal!  Secondly, the peanut-sauced chicken pitas:  so simple and fast, and really tasty.  I didn't toast the pitas, and I think I would next time.  By the end of the meal, the pitas were a little soggy.




Friday:  Chipotle!
Uz surprised me with going to the Philharmonic tonight, so I'm planning on getting a salad bowl at Chipotle.  YUM!

Results are in, I loved every meal this week!  Everything was ready in 35 minutes or less.  Recipes were simple and easy to follow, and FULL of flavor.  I would provide pictures, but this week has been such a rush I really don't have any good ones.  Instead, I'm providing the stock pictures from Cooking Light.  As I make these recipes again, I'll dedicate recipe posts to them with pictures.  But until then...  Sorry!

Coming soon, next two week's meal plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment