Monday, October 1, 2012

why, hello! it's been a while...

Good morning!

It's starting to feel like fall here...  the temperatures are dropping, the leaves are just beginning to change colors, and the mornings are crisp and cool!

I'm trying to get back into blogging, but excuse me if I lapse every so often...  a lot has happened since my last post.  My grandmother in Tennessee passed away, and then when we returned from the funeral one of our bird dogs died of a snake bite.  I could say that I was just "too busy" to blog (and I was busy!), but really, I was just struggling to get up in the morning.

As it usually does, life is becoming more bearable and I am actually wearing OUTFITS instead of just clothes, and cooking dinner and desserts again.  Uz (my husband, remember him?) kept up with taking pictures of cooking/meals every so often, but I don't have much to post.  So we're starting over.

A new season, a new start, right??

I bought a couple Cooking Light magazines, and so far they are fantastic recipes!

So this is the menu for this week:

Sunday:  grilled pork tenderloin, Cooking Light Asparagus with Balsamic Tomatoes (oh my! this was good!), salad.

Monday:  Cooking Light Chicken and Vegetable Soup, a 20 minute meal (this was also pretty fantastic)

Tuesday:  Cooking Light Beef and Broccoli Bowl with brown rice, and I'll add some mushrooms

Wednesday:  Cooking Light Peanut-Sauced Chicken Pitas with Fried Rice and Sweet Soy Sauce

Thursday:  Cooking Light Italian Sausage Hoagies and Roasted Potatoes and Green Beans

Baxter and Bella are both doing great! 



what a cutie!  he brought a toy to bed!
And Uz and I still love each other...  Aww! 


Baxter has been in behavioral obedience classes to deal with some of the neglect and abuse he went through before he came to us.  He has been really improving, and we love him so much!

I'm harvesting cute little pumpkins from the garden, so I'll do a post about that soon.

My foot surgery is scheduled in a couple weeks, so I'll likely take a week-long hiatus to heal up a little...  I won't be doing much for 6 weeks or so, because I'll be completely non-weight bearing.  Uz is going to be super-husband and take care of all the cooking and cleaning, plus helping me...  so, um, PRAY FOR US.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment