Saturday, June 9, 2012

meal plan: week of 6-10-2012

This week we're going to try something a little different:  we're going to start out, bright and early, at the local farmer's market to buy our produce, meat, etc.  Then we'll head to the Sunflower Market to purchase the rest of our groceries.  Sounds fun, plus I can grab a blueberry lime scone for a morning treat!

Hopefully we'll be able to drag ourselves out of bed...  Friday after work, we're driving 3 or 4 hours to Amarillo to pick up my husband's little brother to come stay with us (or other family members) for a few days/weeks/who knows!  We're still debating about bringing Bella...  hmmm.  So it'll be 3 or 4 hours there, and 3 or 4 hours back.  I know we'll get back late, so I really hope I can drag myself (and my hubs!) out of bed.



So, here's the meal plan!


This Friday night:  we'll eat on the road.

Saturday lunch:  I'm putting a whole chicken in the crockpot, so we'll have quesadillas and leftover corn/black bean salsa.
Saturday dinner:  We're having Friends and Family night with our Spanish-speaking group... I'm bringing the Hummingbird cake!

Sunday lunch:  Friends and Family Day, we'll eat on the grounds.
Sunday dinner:  Chicken and black bean burritos, leftover corn/black bean salsa, frozen latin yellow rice.

Monday:  Grilled steak, grilled corn, grilled veggie kabobs.

Tuesday:  Garlic-lime broiled pork chops, sauteed zucchini/squash and tomatoes, salad.

Wednesday:  Spaghetti with meatballs and mushrooms (and some grated zucchini!).

Thusrday:  SkinnyTaste Mediterranean Chicken Kabobs over salad with tzatziki sauce, grilled corn on the cob.

Friday:  Pei Wei BOGO!  :)

Happy weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment