Sunday, May 20, 2012

meal plan for the week of: 5-21-2012

Meal plan for this coming week!  I'm trying to use up what we've got in the pantry/fridge/freezer, so that's why you see pulled pork twice...  I froze the leftovers from last week and I'm pulling them out this week!

I use this meal plan template (Meal Plan Template 2) every week to help me stay organized: Project Girl's Meal Plan Templates.  So helpful... and cute, too.

Meal Plan: 


Monday: Skinny Chicken Alfredo with Broccoli; Arugula, Penne, White Bean Salad (white beans instead of garbanzo, arugula/spinach mix instead of plain arugula).
We have a birthday at work on Tuesday, so I'm making this: Hummingbird Coffee Cake

Tuesday:  Pulled Pork Tacos, Corn and Black Bean Salsa, Fajita Veggies minus the tacos

Wednesday:  Mexighetti Bake with Salad; some kind of fruit.

Thursday:  Pulled Pork Pizza with Veggies (sliced zucchini, corn, cherry tomatoes, onion, cheddar cheese); some kind of vegetable

Friday: Probably out to eat!

Memorial Day Weekend:  We'll probably play it by ear, but I'll have a few quick and easy meals ready just in case.
     Zucchini and Corn Quesadillas, Salad, leftover Corn/Black Bean Salsa, Broiled Peaches/Apricots.
     Grill out with friends after the arts festival: hamburgers, fruit, salad, the usual grillin' out fare.
     Macaroni and Cheese/Broccoli Bake with Shredded Chicken.
     Whole Wheat Pancakes with fruit.
     Strawberry Balsamic Pizza.

This meal plan is definitely more flexible than I would normally put up, but we've got a holiday weekend coming and I'm not quite sure of our plans yet...  so flexible it will have to be!

Grocery List:


Our grocery list isn't huge because we're using a lot of stuff we already have.  Hopefully we come in under budget...  gotta keep myself (and my husband!) from blowing money on frivolous stuff we don't really need.
An * represents a coupon

yogurt*
1 c. lowfat Greek yogurt
cream cheese
cheesesticks
egg whites
2% milk
beef hotdogs
coffee
english muffins
ciabatta rolls (a small splurge)
pizza dough (Pillsbury thin crust)... I need to replenish my supply of homemade frozen pizza dough, but our freezer is way too full right now.
1 c. shredded coconut
Skinny Cow snacks
juice
fruity salad dressing (strawberry poppyseed or cranberry balsamic)*
Cheerios*
pistachios
frozen corn x 2
apricots, peaches, nectarines (for snacks and meals)
oranges
cherry tomatoes
cilantro
jalapenos
avocados
bananas + 2 ripe for mashing
onions
mushrooms
strawberries (99 cent price match at Aldi)
pineapple (99 cent price match at Aldi)
some different chile peppers for a salsa my husband wants to make
toothpaste*
tape and packing tape


And a picture, to brighten your Sunday:
happy Sunday!  love, Bella.

No comments:

Post a Comment