Feast, and enjoy. I served with brown rice and roasted green beans. The serving size (3/4 c.) of shrimp doesn't seem like much, but it is plenty!
Spicy Orange Stir-Fried Shrimp(adapted from Cooking Light)
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp (this is 2 lbs before peeling)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice plus zest of 1/2 the orange
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1.5 - 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- Place shrimp in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with cornstarch; toss well to coat. Set aside.
- Combine juice, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, and chile paste, stirring with a whisk; set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add minced ginger and garlic to pan; stir-fry for 15 seconds or until fragrant. Add shrimp mixture; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add juice mixture and onions; cook 2 minutes or until sauce thickens and shrimp are done, stirring frequently. Serve immediately.
I didn't make a lot of changes to the original recipe, except to add orange zest and increase the amount of orange juice. Honestly, I just used the juice of one orange and didn't measure it.