Wednesday, July 25, 2012

delayed anniversary dinner at home: steak, greens, potato

The Saturday before our anniversary, my dad got a call that his step-father had passed away.  We had to make some last minute preparations to go to Tennessee to attend his funeral and visit my grandma.  Sadly, my grandma also only has 1-3 months to live.  It was a very emotional trip.  I have some pictures that I took in Tennessee, but I'm not ready to share them.

Anyway, we got back into town around midnight on Wednesday.  My husband had to stay home, so he'd been bach-ing it while I was gone.  He came home from work on Thursday to our planned anniversary at-home dinner...  STEAK!

Without further ado...


and we ended the evening on a sweet note...  a very miniature cake in our wedding cake flavors.


For the steak, we didn't do much to it.  Uz squeezed some lime and sprinkled it with salt and pepper as he was grilling it.  For the potatoes, I scrubbed the skins of red potatoes to clean them, put on a light coat of olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt.  I cooked them for about 80-90 minutes at 425 deg F.  The skins were VERY crispy but the insides were soft...  perfect.  The green beans were grilled in my husband's new grill pan.  Hands-on time for this dinner was minimal. 

The cake was wonderful!  A chocolate buttercream icing with chocolate fudge cake and raspberry filling.  Unfortunately I was so overcome when I was eating a small piece that I forgot to take a picture.  Oh well, such is life!


No comments:

Post a Comment