Monday, June 4, 2012

lunchtime! and opinion article: extreme endurance exercise bad for you?

I didn't have any leftovers for lunch today.  Actually, I could have brought pizza left from last night, but since I'm not quite as active I wanted something lighter.  So I dropped by Panera and got the new:

 Chopped Chicken Cobb with Avocado All-natural, antibiotic-free chicken, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, Applewood-smoked bacon, Gorgonzola, hard-boiled eggs, all chopped and tossed with herb vinaigrette, topped with fresh avocado

The line looked like this... I was standing at the door.  I wish our Panera had a To-Go entrance.  I waited in line for 20 minutes, and it felt like it kind of defeated the purpose of calling ahead.  At least it was ready when I got up there, so I suppose I can't complain too much.


And it is fantastic.  I love it!  I also got a summer fruit cup for $1.25, and then I remembered I brought my own homemade fruit cup today.  *facepalm*  Oh well, I just have fruit for tomorrow, right?

So, here it is in all it's glory:
 
 


 I just read this article: Extreme Endurance Exercises Carries Risks.  Now, I know that I don't really qualify this.  My biggest dreams of endurance running include a 5K, 10K, and half.  But it sure makes me think...  So many people glorify endurance running and other sports.  It's such a big thing right now.  But do they think about the risks?

I also found the comments section interesting.  Is the problem that the human body isn't designed to run such long distances?  Is it our lifestyle?  Is it improper form?  Genetics?  Obviously, I don't have any answers but it definitely brings up good discussion points.  It might be something worth researching... and if I ever do get into long distance running, I'll make sure to check in with my doctor since I have a history of foot problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment