Wednesday, May 23, 2012

foggy brain

I'm feeling kind of foggy this morning...  woke up with a scratchy throat, so that's no good!  But there was a gorgeous sunrise to greet me this morning as I ate breakfast.  There's nothing like a little sunshine to help me wake up in the morning.

Who's looking forward to a long weekend??  I sure am!

For dinner last night, we munched on pulled pork tacos with toppings (Green Zebra tomatoes from the garden, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, white beans, and avocado) and some salad and waffle fries.  Not too exciting but very satisfying!

not pictured: avocado
these little babies are from my garden!  first tomatoes of the season, from my Green Zebra tomato plant.
I ended up having 2 of these!


It's about to get really busy for me at work.  I'm kind of looking forward to it, but I think it's going to be pretty stressful.  We're behind in a project I'm being assigned to, so I have a feeling that there's going to be quite a bit of overtime required to get it caught up.  It's a good thing piano lessons will be out for the summer (except one!)... or at least until July.

Anyway, I really, really, really want to fix up our laundry room.  I spend a lot of time in there, either doing laundry or walking in and out to fetch things or put things away.  It's so "blah" right now...  ugly, if I want to be honest.  I'd like to do it on a budget, because...  well, my hubs and I are on a semi-tight budget.  At least, we're trying to be.  We really want to pay off these student loans!

I guess I just need to get with it, make some decisions, and just DO IT.  Maybe I'll make it my mini-project over this long weekend.  Don't you feel great after you finish a project?

How about a little inspiration?




I especially want something like this, maybe in a pretty, neutral pattern.

All of these are from my Pinterest board.

So ,what do you think?  Maybe I'm crazy, but hopefully I will actually get this done.  Slowly, like the poor old tortoise, my little house is starting to coming together and look more and more like a home.  Isn't that exciting?

Anyway, I'm hungry so I'm off to find a healthy snack.  I haven't done well with snacking choices this week, so hopefully I can start doing a little better.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment