Friday, November 16, 2012

a change in direction

Do you ever feel "stuck"?  Like, looking down the path your life is currently taking and realizing that it's not what you want?

I feel stuck, and I don't know which road to take.

Thankfully, Uz the Hubs is a wonderful, supportive person in my life.  But I'm still confused.

Has anyone dramatically changed their life direction? 

Anyone out there?

In way of meals, it hasn't been too creative lately.  Last night we had grilled pork tenderloin, brushed with grape jelly (homemade!) mixed with Sriracha sauce and grilled fresh green beans.  I did bake some chocolate chip pecan cookies that were out of this world.  I need to hide them from myself.  Thank you, Martha Stewart.

So, please excuse me while I grab a cup of coffee and (another) cookie, and try to figure out what the heck I want to do with my life.  If I want to take the jump and change my direction...  or just stick with where I'm going now.  Sometimes I wish my blog could talk back.  I feel so silly, putting all this out there but never hearing anything in return.  Talk to me, blog!

Life is too short to be miserable.  But I'm stuck.

It would be so easy to just shut down this blog and continue what I'm doing.  To learn to be content with the choices I have made and the path I'm on...  but, oh! the idea of that makes me want to hurl something at the wall in frustration.

I wish I could go back.  I wish I would have had more confidence in myself...  chosen what I wanted, what my gut instinct told me, instead of doing what other people wanted me to do.  I wish I would have taken a few more risks, done more, traveled more...  But you can't go back.  I can't go back.  And now I just have to learn to live with it.

Not a very fun post.

Next week I'll be out for Thanksgiving, but hopefully after that I will have enough stamina to start cooking meals in the evenings again, and try to get back into blogging.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving!  Enjoy your time with family and friends, and stuffing your face with turkey... that's what I plan to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment