Thursday, May 10, 2012

how do you start a blog?

Sometimes the most awkward part of a new friendship is the first conversation.  At least, for me.  Other people out there (*ahem* my husband *ahem*) have no problem walking up and starting a conversation with someone.  But, I think too much about it...  I over-analyze it.  What will I say?  What will they think?  Is my hair sticking straight up?  I know it's not just me that feels that way!

So how do you start a blog?  The first post is so difficult to write...  it's like that first conversation.  What will I say?  How will the world react?  Is this the silliest idea I've come up with?

Who wants to read my blog?  There are a billion and one blogs out there to read, probably much more interesting than mine.  Hopefully I give you all a reason to visit my little space on the web.

So, where do I start?  I'm a mid-twenties newlywed.  I live in the heart of America.  I have a full-time cubicle job, I teach music lessons in the evening, I cook and budget like a fiend.  I love hanging out with my husband, talking walks at dusk in the summer time, and playing with our little dog.  My husband and I stay very busy helping with the Spanish-speaking group at our church.  I suppose it keeps us out of too much trouble!

Why am I blogging?  Well, to quote the movie "Julie&Julia":
     "I could write a blog.  I have thoughts."

It's as simple as that.  I have thoughts!  All kinds of thoughts...  a little bit of this, and a little bit of that.

Welcome to my world.  I hope you'll stick around!

our little family

No comments:

Post a Comment