Tuesday, May 15, 2012

breakfast: 5-15-2012

Every morning I eat pretty much the same breakfast.  It sounds boring, but I've found the perfect breakfast that keeps me full until close to lunch...  that's 5-6 hours, and no small feat!  I eat a lot for being such a small gal, and usually I get pretty hungry again in a short amount of time.  It's a rough life, I'm tellin' ya.

my dishes don't match...  oops!
Normally, I'll make myself one large egg + 1 large egg white, a raisin English muffin with some whipped butter and jam or preserves, and sometimes a little bit of fruit.  Today I had about 1/2 cup of watermelon.   This breakfast is filling and has lots of essential nutrients but doesn't break the bank.  I generally buy an 18-count carton of eggs (my husband has 2 every morning!) and a box of all-natural, no preservatives egg whites
 
I've really been into one of two options for jam/preserves lately:
http://www.dalmatiaimports.com
Bonne Maman Four Fruit Preserves

They are both WONDERFUL options...  the hardest decision I face in the morning is which one to spread on my English muffin... maybe tomorrow I'll do one of each!  I guess that would solve my first-world dilemma.  Just a side note, both are very, VERY good over cream cheese or brie and eaten with crackers for an easy but glamorous dessert.

G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S, yeah!  (This song is so ridiculous I couldn't bear to leave it out.  Sometimes you just need a little pick-me-up on a Tuesday morning, isn't that right??)

Not pictured is a smoothie I made right before getting out the door.  Sometimes for breakfast, or if I'm craving something sweet after dinner, I'll throw together a fruit smoothie.  Today I blended 7 medium-large strawberries, 1/2 cup frozen raspberries, a large handful of ice, and one raspberry yogurt (no aspartame!).  I divided it into two cups and sent one with my husband to work.

It looked something like this, only divided in two:
credit:  about.com
Anyway, I hope you all have a beautiful morning.  I'm off to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment